Re: kdebug defaults/build options

On August 19, 2011 02:17:14 AM Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Am Friday, 19. August 2011 schrieb Bruce Sass:
> > If the only symptom was the huge log file then it could be argued that:
> > had debug messages been disabled, there wouldn't have been a problem...
> > :D
>
> How about using logrotate for .xsession-errors?

Sure, it is more of a bandage than anything else though, eh.

Carsten,

You have a kde.org address and have been associated with KDE for over 10
years...

Why is Debian's KDE so verbose? Is it a concious decision by KDE and
individual users are expected to use kdebugdialog if they don't like it? Is
there a system wide setting so the admin of a multi-user box can set the
debug/warn/error messaging behaviour for everyone? Is Debian neglecting to set
a flag somewhere which would quiet things down? Should we be talking to the
developers of individual apps because it is not really a KDE problem?

- Bruce