Re: kate as set apart editor?

Am Freitag, 2. Dezember 2011 schrieb Sthu Deus:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Martin:
> >> Is it possible to use kate as set apart editor?
> >>
> >> Having moved from KDE to LXDE, I got diver problems w/ kate - its
> >> window parts (the editing area) are update only when cursor is
> >> moved, often, it crashes by simple opening 'Open File' dialog.
> >>
> >> Running from terminal (sux-ing for the user) I see this:
> >>
> >> kate(20018)/kdecore (KSycoca): Error, KSycocaFactory (id = 1 ) not
> >> found! kate(20018)/kdecore (KSycoca): Error, KSycocaFactory (id = 2
> >> ) not found! kate(20018): No ksycoca4 database available!
> >
> >Seems that there is no KDE system configuration cache available. Kate
> >shouldn´t crash then IMHO, but…
> >
> >What happens when you run ksycoca4 from a terminal inside your LXDE
> >session?
>
> It crashes randomly, not constantly, but I will try running kate after
> first started ksycoca4. But how should I start it - since there is no
> such binary executable?

good question. I was puzzled at first too. Try:

martin@merkaba:~> dpkg -S /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4
kdelibs-bin: /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4

;)

> Or may I disable everything for kate so it would not wait for the KDE4
> ecosystem?

I think kate as Sune said needs KDE configuration to work properly. Like
GNOME application like gnome settings. It should not crash in absence of
it, put I wouldn´t expect it to work properly in that case.

Ciao,