Re: How can I find the path to various icons

On Thursday, 2011-10-27, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 23/10/11 10:49, Harry Putnam wrote:
> > Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > First, I've snipped the bulk of your input.  It hit the mark and
> > very helpful, thank you.
> >
> > For some reason VB is under Utilities for me, rather than System.
> :
> :-)
>
> I *only* have the K Desktop Environment installed - you have many
> Desktop Environments installed [*1], so in your case the KDE menu
> "inherited" the application "categories" of an/other Desktop
> Environments (probably GNOME).

Categories as in application menu sub menus?
Those are part of the desktop menu specification [1] implemented by KDE's
application launchers.

> > PS - what does %F  mean at the end of a command path, such as the
> > one for emacs23: /usr/bin/emacs23 %F.
>
> You mean the exec line in the desktop file.
> = A list of files (eg. file0, file1, file2)
>
> The VirtualBox desktop file uses %U (in the exec line) which is a list
> of URLs.

Correct, see the desktop entry specification [2] for valid parameters

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/
[2] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/