Re: How to back out desktop type experiments

Mirosław Zalewski <miniopl@poczta.onet.pl> writes:

> On 11/10/2011 at 16:49, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> But now it seems that some of the autostart things I use think that they
>> are running from ~/Documents

Thanks.. that looks like a good way to fix it.

[...]

> Do you mean the (in)famous cashew logo? In upper right corner on this
> screenshot:
> <http://minio.xt.pl/obrazy/pulpity/02062011.jpg>
>
> It is there by default. I think that there are some ways to remove it, but I
> have never really cared that much to try.

Yup... I must have just not noticed it before... I thought it had
appeared from my tinkering.  So like you say, its not that big a deal.

[...]

> All configuration is in ~/.kde/, especially ~/.kde/share/config/
> Removing (renaming) that directory will make KDE create new with default
> values on startup. But please note, that there are also configuration files for
> other KDE-related apps, like Kmail or Konqueror. You may wish to delete only
> specific files (or delete all but some specific files).

Yeah I thought about renaming the existing .kde but it seems a little
more drastic than necessary to fix my small gripes

Thanks again.