Re: Hiccups when switching focus between windows.

On Friday 07 October 2011 12:25:43 Gerrit Jan Baarda wrote:
> My system is up to date sid on an Intel i7/12Gb + NVIDIA propriety drivers
> with dual monitor (twinview).
>
> How can I figure out which application is really causing this? Most likely
> candidates seem to be either X or kwin but I would like to know for sure.

Hoi Gerrit Jan,

There have been quite a number of bugreports about performance problems concerning the latest Xorg
and nvidia drivers lately and the following one contains a possible workaround:

Most issues seem to involve GNOME/GTK and I'm not experiencing any of the problems mentioned, but it
may affect you.

HTH,
  Diederik