Hiccups when switching focus between windows.
Whenever i change focus between windows the kde desktop seems to be
unresponsive for a short, but very noticeable moment. I'd appreciate some help
in diagnosing the issue more precisely, because currently I'm not sure which
application is causing this phenomenon.
- The hiccups only happen when switching focus, once the new window
is in focus, they are gone.
- It doesn't matter what application the window belongs to.
- Switching desktop effects on or off does not have any effect.
- I tried starting with my .kde directory renamed, again no difference.
- When I switch to the xfce desktop and use the kde (or other) applications,
this effect does not seem to be there.
-When I run htop in a terminal I see a momentary spike up to 50% in processor
activity during the focus switch. The spikes seem to be related to the X
server, kwin or the application getting focus, they all momentarily show up on
top of the process list.
-If I do the same focus switch in xfce, no noticeable CPU spikes appear.
My system is up to date sid on an Intel i7/12Gb + NVIDIA propriety drivers
with dual monitor (twinview).
How can I figure out which application is really causing this? Most likely
candidates seem to be either X or kwin but I would like to know for sure.