Fwd: Re: On-screen display popup during DVD viewing

Re-posting to list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: On-screen display popup during DVD viewing
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:59:50 -0700
From: Kyle Kearney <elyk53@gmail.com>
To: Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>

Do you care whether you get the OSD popup when you manually adjust the
brightness? If not, you could see if there's a way to disable it
entirely. I did a little bit of searching and couldn't find a way to do
so, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I is aware of such a means.
I did, however, run across a forum post [1] in my search that dealt with
a similar issue (osd popping up at random) - perhaps one of the
solutions proposed there will be of assistance.

[1] http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=94283