All Akonadi agents at 100% CPU

This morning I upgraded to the new 4.6.3 packages as they became available in unstable. The upgrade itself went smoothly, but when I rebooted and started a new KDE session, each of the five running Akonadi agents was at 100% CPU. After some unsuccessful manual attempts at downgrading things, I restored everything from last nights backup.

Unfortunately, this did not change things for the better, after a reboot the agents still went to 100%. So I take it that another recent change is affecting Akonadi and it was only triggered by rebooting or restarting the session.

I had a look with strace, but the only thing to see there are endless reads from the same file descriptor (11).

Has anyone seen this behavior and, better still, has an idea what I can do against it?

Michael