KDE restarts everytime I apply new system settings

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with KDE 4.4 over the past few days. One of the
problems is that my desktop gets totally corrupted every time my screen saver
kicks in. I think this is related to some regression in the radeon driver in
kernel 2.6.38 though. The main problem I want to report in this email is that
every time I go to System Settings, change something and then click the Apply
button, KDE restarts. Just like that. Has anyone seen this? It's just driving me
nuts.

Thanks,

Adriano