Re: Stable packages

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 08:58:44 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> BTW I think - I use these regularily - that:
>
> - basket 1.81-1
> - kmymoney 4.5-2
>
> are more stable than their counterparts in Squeeze!
>
> And given that amarok 1.4.0-1 has entered stable, I do not quite
> understand why these stay in experimental.

The reason is quite simple: we are frozen. In this state, it is easier to fix
RC bugs if the version in unstable is the same (or a fix) for the evrsion in
testing. In thsi case, most maintainers prefer to push things to experimental.

Just wait for Squeeze to be released as stable [0] and then everything will
get back to normal.

Regards, Lisandro.

[0] <http://news.debian.net/2011/01/22/join-us-in-the-countdown-to-squeeze/>

--
Yo quiero conocer el pensamiento de Dios,
el resto son detalles.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/