Re: KDE SC 4.5.0

Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2010 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> An approach would be to put 4.5 packages into experimental and ask for
> public testing here.

Yes, I do hope this will happen. As an SID user, I am in fact unlike many
others not happy about the freeze as this means for me, that I don’t recieve
that regular feature updates anymore. Before, new KDE versions were generally
quite quick in SID.

I wonder, how many others are out there using debian like me as an excellent
rolling distribution and who do not care at all about releases?

BTW, why does a freeze imply that no new versions arrive in unstable? Wouldn‘t
it be enough to stop the automatic migration from unstable to testing during
freeze?

Johannes