Subject: Re: How to migrate Amarok mysqle database from 32- to 64-bit
Date: Donnerstag 17 Juni 2010
From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@gentoo.org>
To: amarok@kde.org

On 17-06-2010 08:09, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Michael Schuerig found out that Amarok 2 was not able to read its
> database, after he switched his Debian system from 32 to 64 bit [1].
Even
> just copying the ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/mysqle/amarok directory into
> /var/lib/mysql on a system with a 32-bit MySQL server didn't help him to
> dump the database.
>
> I am still using 32-bit, but sooner or later I will switch too.
>
> How to migrate the database? I really do think there should be a
migration
> path. Actually I think Amarok should at least put up some warning with
> some hints on how to migrate the database. Ideally it would offer to do
it
> for the user.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2010/06/msg00108.html

If you follow the Migrating from MySQL Embedded to MySQL Server section
of the MySQL Server article in the amarok wiki[1] you should have no
problem migrating the database. The process relies on the use of the
mysql tools for dumping a database into a file and loading it back.
You need to do the dump from the original system before switching though.

 [1] - http://amaroklive.com/wiki/MySQL_Server

> Ciao,

- --
Regards,

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections