Re: Nepomuk: re-checking the strigi index constantly

Am Dienstag, 30. März 2010 schrieb Michael Schuerig:

> Now, I'm wondering, is this something I ought to report as a bug against
> strigi or is the problem with Nepomuk for not logging abnormal
> termination of child processes? Or is it pdftotext for apparently
> producing invalid UTF-8 from a PDF (iconv doesn't complain about it,
> though)?

All of the above ;-)

I'd say that
- nepopmuk or strigi should notice that it crashed on a file and put it into
some blacklist until its mtime changes
- strigi should keep on indexing the other files instead of restarting
- pdftotext as the originator of the file ought to be fixed

Cheers,
Carsten