Re: Akonadi-MySQL Issues

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Dominik Schulz <lkml@ds.gauner.org> wrote:
> 2.) Akonadi backup
> Another issue is also related to MySQL. Since MySQL/InnoDB is used as an
> Akonadi backend, it troubles me how to properly backup user profiles in a
> multi-user setup. Right now I'm just backing up the users homedirs which
> covers most personal data and applicatin profiles, but with InnoDB this becomes
> difficult w/o LVM Snapshots (which aren't available on all systems right now).
> How is the akonadi db supposed to be backed up? Or is the information in the
> db no vital to akonadi and shouldn't backed up at all? The akonadi
> documentation seems to point this way, but I'm not sure.

Well, since akonadi's database is stored in ~/.local, if you backup
the whole home dir, akonadi's db should be backed up too. The only
problem is that the database is huge; it's at least 100MB (!!!) when
it's created for the first time and keeps growing.... (On my
university's lab the admins have disabled akonadi just because of
that, to save space)