Akonadi-MySQL Issues

Hi,
I'm running KDE4.4 and am quite happy with it, but there are some small
issues. Maybe they'd better be discussed upstream, but I'd like to ask here
first before going that way.

1.) Akonadi startup errors
Akonadi used to show startup errors due to missing MySQL-Tables (mysql.*). I
fixed this using "akonadictl stop; mysql_install_db  --
datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data; akonadictl start" but I'm curisous
why this step wasn't performed when Akonadi was installed/upgraded?

2.) Akonadi backup
Another issue is also related to MySQL. Since MySQL/InnoDB is used as an
Akonadi backend, it troubles me how to properly backup user profiles in a
multi-user setup. Right now I'm just backing up the users homedirs which
covers most personal data and applicatin profiles, but with InnoDB this becomes
difficult w/o LVM Snapshots (which aren't available on all systems right now).
How is the akonadi db supposed to be backed up? Or is the information in the
db no vital to akonadi and shouldn't backed up at all? The akonadi
documentation seems to point this way, but I'm not sure.

3.) Virtusoso instead of Mysql as Akonadi backend
This question would probably better go upstream, but while I'm at asking
questions let me add this: Why isn't Akonadi using Virtuosos using an SQL-
Backend instead of MySQL? Since it's needed for nepomuk/strigi it could be
used for akonadi as well.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dominik