Re: KMail: doesn't delete (all) messages from POP server, retrieves them multiple times

On Friday 05 March 2010, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2010, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > KMail 1.13.1, from KDE 4.4.1, for me doesn't properly delete mails
> > from the POP server after retrieving them. It also does not
> > recognize that it has retrieved these messages already and as a
> > consequence, I get multiple copies of each and every message.
> > Apparently, this doesn't happen without a bound, but I've seen
> > cases where there were 5 copies of the same message.
>
> Apparently, the problem disappears when I enable "pipelining" for
> mail download. This is a cure, hopefully, but doesn't explain
> anything.

Well, apparently, there are not-quite-reproducible thingsways to make it
disappear for a while, unfortunately, it reappears. AFAICT, KMail does
send DELE messages to the server, as I checked with TLS switched off
temporarily, so it is surely tempting to blame the server. However, I
did not change anything about the server, but certainly changed KMail
and its KDE infrastructure.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig