Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

Just as a follow-up:

On 5 March 2010 13:05, Cassiano Leal <cassianoleal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 March 2010 11:41, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
>> Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Cassiano Leal:
>>> Some problems here:
>>>
>>> 1) Klipper crashes when starting up.
>>
>> Works here. So seems no crash happening everywhere.
>>
>>> 2) Kmix crashes when starting up.
>>
>> Works here.
>
> 1 and 2 work in my work computer too. Will investigate better when I
> get back home.

After another upgrade, both started working. I couldn't tell by
looking at aptitude logs what package (if any) was responsible for the
fix, though.

>>> 3) network-manager-kde does not work -- "Network management disabled".
>>> network-manager has started up and is running, but I have had this
>>> issue since kde 4.3.
>>
>> Do not use it yet.
>
> What do you mean? Not to use network-manager-kde? What would you recommend then?

Here's what I did: closed knetworkmanager, installed
network-manager-gnome and ran nm-applet.
nm-applet has a switch called "Enable Networking" which was unckecked.
Checking that re-enabled NM and then I could switch back to
knetworkmanager.

Does anybody know what exactly that switch does, and why there isn't
an equivalent option in KDE?

Cheers,
Cassiano