Re: phonon-backend-vlc

Am Freitag 03 Dezember 2010 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi!
> Due to the hype around new version 0.3 of phonon-backend-vlc I have
> packaged 0.3.1+git~a8a9c88c. Its just a quick and dirty (no clean
> chroot) built from the Debian packaging by Fathi Boudra. But at least
> on my ThinkPad T42 Amarok is now playing with it.

Sound is awesome as mentioned in various blog comments - listening to
Vivaldi in the moment[1]. The other blog I refered to before is [2].

But it on my Amarok ThinkPad T23 it doesn't talk to the Sonica M-Audio USB
sound card. Oh well, back on Xine there.

[1] Mark Kretschmann: Rapid Progress in KDE Multimedia: "It simply sounds
awesome. I'm not sure why that is, but the sound quality is notably better
than with xine"

[2] Harald Sitter (apachelogger): Phonon VLC 0.3 – Rock Solid