Re: Nepomuk always indexing at the beginning of every session

Valerio Passini wrote, on 19/09/10 20:25:
Alle domenica 19 settembre 2010, Arthur Marsh ha scritto:
Thanks, but I'm not sure how I would do that since I am running the
following versions (in other words, I updated some components as much
as possible without removing what was needed to keep 3.5.X programs
such as Quanta running):

ii  kdebase-runtime                                      4:4.2.4-2

ii  kdebase-bin 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2                    core binaries
for the KDE base module
ii  kdebase-data 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2                    shared data
files for the KDE base module
ii  kdebase-doc 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2                    developer
documentation for the KDE base module
ii  kdebase-doc-html 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2                    KDE base
documentation in HTML format
ii  kdebase-kio-plugins 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2                    core I/O
slaves for KDE

Regards,

Arthur.

IMHO you are mixing different packages (indeeed KDE 4.2 and KDE 3.5) and
anyhow, nepomuk has been disabled in Debian until KDE 4.4 that is not
what you actually have. Prabably you should not worry about it. Bye

Valerio

For the benefit of the mailing list archives, I solved teh problem by editing:

~/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc

and setting:

autostart=false

Unfortunately, there were no manual pages for nepomuk related executables and it was not clear to me how to start nepomuk in a nice'd or ionice'd way.

Arthur.