Re: KDE SC 4.5.1 packages available

Hello,

On antradienis 14 Rugsėjis 2010 13:09:37 Torsten Grote wrote:
> Another note on security:
> pkg-kde-archive-keyring seems to be hosted on the same repository it is
> supposed to verify the trustworthiness of and it is not signed with an
> already trusted key. Installing an untrusted key and trust that for all
> KDE packages is pointless for security.

Well, frankly, pkg-kde-archive-keyring is not a very good example of security,
but imho it is good enough for this purpose. It is there mostly to shut
apt/aptitude up. Have in mind that you already trust the repository enough by
adding it to sources.list.

However, you are still somewhat protected from man-in-the-middle attacks. The
archive key is signed by me and my key is in the debian developers keyring so
you can always validate pkg-kde-archive-keyring package.

$ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/pkg-kde-archive-
keyring.gpg --list-sigs E79C8BAB
pub   4096R/E79C8BAB 2010-03-05
uid                  Debian pkg-kde repository signing key (http://pkg-
kde.alioth.debian.org/) <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
sig 3        E79C8BAB 2010-03-05  Debian pkg-kde repository signing key
(http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/) <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
sig          73EAE214 2010-03-05  [User ID not found]

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>