Re: kde-core list should be updated (live-helper)

On Saturday 08 May 2010 12:30:38 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 12:50 AM, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> > That seems to me a good candidate for the kde list and then the kde-full
> > list should be the kde-full meta-package.
>
> forgot to mention..
>
> > So that means for kde list:
> both updated, thanks you.

There is a new development:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/meta-kde/news/20100517T215607Z.html and
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-kde-commits/2010-May/019017.html

Meaning that kde-minimal is dropped (at least for now).
Asking on #debian-kde gave me the following responses:
[01:37] <diederik> Is it likely that kde-minimal will not exist for more then a week? kde-minimal is
used in the package lists for live-helper
[01:38] <diederik> If it's only gone for a week or so it's probably not worth the temp update, but
if it's expected to take longer then it makes sense to notify Daniel Baumann
[01:42] <MoDaX> diederik: kde-minimal is a virtual package
[01:42] <MoDaX> s/is/will be/
[01:42] <MoDaX> once it is introduced again
[01:42] <MoDaX> I don't think you want to let apt choose which provide to install
[01:43] <diederik> but right now it doesn't exist, so if someone wants to build a kde LiveCD, that
will fail, since it doesn't exist _now_
[01:43] <diederik> since not everyone builds a kde livecd each day a temporary disruption seems ok
(to me)
[01:44] <diederik> so if it's back in a week or so, probably no one will notice and otherwise the
package list will need to be updated twice
[01:44] <MoDaX> diederik: regardless of kde-minimal fate, switch to live cd to either kde-plasma-
desktop or kde-plasma-netbook (or kde-standard)
[01:45] <MoDaX> I mean if you want live cd build process to be predictable

So if the following section of kde-core is updated from
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-minimal
#endif
#if DISTRIBUTION squeeze sid
kde-plasma-desktop
#endif

Then kde builds of live-helper should be OK again.

Regards,
  Diederik