Re: khotkeys no kded keybindings for brightness

Hello,

On trečiadienis 04 Lapkritis 2009 12:40:39 Valentin Pavlyuchenko wrote:
> > That must be distro specific feature backport from somewhere. Kubuntu do
> > this
> > a lot, Debian doesn't.
>
> But why?

We simply don't do it. Which brings lots of benefits:

1) We can be sure upstream look-a-like bugs are not triggered by our patches.
2) Users can report bugs upstream and they will probably be valid. Less time
wasted by all parties.
3) We do not become incompatible with upstream and most sane distros out
there.
4) We don't chase pure marketing hype by shipping unfinished and unreleased
software in supposedly "stable" release. That's not what our users expect.
5) That's how we do it and our practises are not likely to change any time
soon.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>