Re: KDE 4.3 RC

Hello,

On 2009 m. July 1 d., Wednesday 19:16:07 Ramon Antonio Parada wrote:
> > I'm afraid, the answer is no (and sorry for that). The first release will
> > probably be 4.3.0 but hopefully in time or a bit delayed due to NEW. And
> > I hope "RC for testing and reporting bugs" you meant reporting them to
> > bugs.kde.org rather than bugs.debian.org ;)
>
> Sometimes I'm amazed how many discussion here that have nothing to do
> with packaging and are answered!! Maybe so many bug reports is a
> reason not to package it?

Partially yes. We are not really pleased when users report *upstream* bugs to Debian BTS. Now add Beta/RC to the mix which have more of those.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>
Modestas,

Perhaps reportbug could extend a mechanism for upstream bugs and automate the process for the testers/consumers and harness the power of reportbug to streamline this as a debian user account for KDE's bugreporting mechanism, GNOME's, Scribus, Inkscape, so on and so forth?

Sincerely Yours,

Marc J. Driftmeyer

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer
Email :: mjd@reanimality.com <mailto:mjd@reanimality.com>
Web :: http://www.reanimality.com
Cell :: (509) 435-5212
begin:vcard
fn:Marc J. Driftmeyer
n:Driftmeyer;Marc
org:ReAnimality Inc.;Consulting Executive
adr:;;2651 E. 38th Ave;Spokane;WA;99223;USA
email;internet:mjd@reanimality.com
title:CEO
tel;work:(509)435-5212
tel;cell:(509)435-5212