Re: KDE 4.3 RC

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 21:00:42 Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure that if you dig enough the mailing list you can find a
> > message where the developers clearly state that RC will never be
> > available in sid. Sorry, but you should compile it by yourself if you
> > want to do testing and report bugs to KDE. Bye

Sid has a number packages labeled -RC. Some do not work so well, either. I had
to downgrade the package with hwclock, for example.

Experimental has loads of -RC packages including OpenOffice rcs.

I have the feeling that the suffix dsfg is a euphomism.

One can compile it with some time and effor. I am using a locally compiled
kde3.5.6 (konstruct, remember that?). I went to local compile at a time when
it was impossible to install kde from Sid due to all kinds a renaming issues.
Each upgrade took days to compile but in the end it worked. Works fine
alongside kde4 with a little effort.