Footnote script

I operate a genealogical website and footnotes and citations are used
frequently. Here's an example of a webpage with the footnotes:
http://www.claybourn.org/joshua.html

However, anytime I go to insert a new footnote in the middle of the
existing ones, I have to re-number everything. This gets to be a major
pain when there are numerous footnotes. I'm looking for some sort of
script or code which would allow me to add footnotes/references in the
same manner that Wikipedia handles them (i.e. inline <ref> tags which
automatically generate the footnote number and the full citation
below).

I did find one person who seems to have developed what I'm needing,
but developed it for Wordpress:
http://robm.me.uk/projects/plugins/wordpress/footnotes

I'm looking to hire someone to help me find a way to do this on a
normal HTML page, and in particular on my Claybourn.org website.
Please let me know your rates, etc. and your ability to do it. Thanks!

Joshua Claybourn