no sound in kde-apps (ver. 4.2.1)

Hi,

I've recently installed KDE 4.2.1 from the experimental branch.
But apparently I have no sound in KDE applications like amarok or dragon.

When I start an application that is supposed to give me sound, the system
replies that the sound device (HDA Intel (ALC662 Analog) ) doesn't work and
it is therefore falling back to the default audio device (what ever that
might be?)

I've have plenty of sound when I'm using non-kde applications like mplayer,
so I figure the problem lies in the KDE sound configuration. But I don't know
how to configure it!

Has anyone solved this or similar problem - I'm keen to hear about it.
Any tips on how to configure the KDE sound devices properly are also very
welcome.

/Svend