Re: RC410 [Radeon Xpress 200]

Alle lunedì 09 novembre 2009, Ing. Tadeo Vargas ha scritto:
> HI
> As you may now by know, there is a bug regarding with Radeon Xpress
>  200 chipset in kernel 2.6.30-* the bug number is # 514286
> Same thing happened to me, i upgraded to the kernel 2.6.30-* version
>  and when rebooted my Desktop has no X at all.
> System hangs and i have to push the reset button to reboot it.
> If you are not the indicated persons to ask this, please point me in
>  the right direction.
> Or if you have any work around please let me know.
> Regards,

This is the wrong list for sure and if there is now an open bug you
should look there to solve your problem. Other possible useful sources
of information include:
The Debian X.org mailing list
The Debian kernel
My hint for you as a temporary solution is just to edit your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and change from driver radeon/ati to vesa.
Your X should be back after that.