Amarok 2.2 Equalizer

When Amarok 2 (of which I'm not yet completely fond, although it is improving) just migrated to Testing today, I figured I'd go all the way and updated to 2.1.80 (2.2 Beta 1) from Experimental. I had a moment of hope when I noticed an equalizer section in the settings menu...until I noticed that it was grayed out with a message that "Equalizer not supported by Phonon". Does this mean that Phonon still doesn't support equalizers, but the Amarok team is preparing their interface for when it does? Or is there some package that I can install/configuration option that I can set to enable the equalizer?
Thanks.