Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: Deleting the Selection

In <[🔎] 200907091100.49114.bss@iguanasuicide.net>, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>In <[🔎] 200907090118.35505.shaforostoff@kde.ru>, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
>>On Четверг 09 июля 2009 01:08:14 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>> A. (Must be a KMail user)
>>>    1. Start kmail or kontact.  (If using kontact, switch to the Mail
>>> component.)
>>>    2. Choose "Settings" -> "Configure KMail..." from the Menu Bar.
>>>    3. Click on any identity.
>>>    4. Prepare your eyes, you must watch the next dialog quickly.
>>>    5. Click "Modify..."
>>>
>>> OMGWTF! It auto-selected and deleted my "Full Name".
>>>
>>> Again, can anyone confirm?  Perhaps this is fixed in 4.3; I'm still
>>> using 4.2.x on both openSUSE and Debian.
>>
>>i can't.
>>does this reproducible for you on your both machines?
>
>I'm thinking it must be some hidden configuration issue.  I'll try
> creating a new user and seeing if the behavior persists.  I will report
> back.

I created a brand-new user.  Then, I logged in to KDE 4.2 on the openSUSE
machine.  I was greeted with the new-user information about SUSE and KDE
4.2.  I closed that window.

I opened konqueror, and browsed to www.google.com.
I opened konsole.
I double-clicked in the konqueror address bar to select all that text.
I clicked the konsole window.
I clicked the konqueror window.
My selection was DELETED!

So, I can confirm it is NOT one of my personal user settings.

I'm thinking I should file a bug @ bugs.kde.org.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for what I need to include in the bug report?

I can reproduce this *perfectly*.  It happens *every* time mouse focus
changes and I have sometime selected in an editable field.  This extends to
the KMail compose window, so it is not *just* a QLineEdit/KLineEdit problem.