GTK apps in KDE4

I mostly use Iceweasel to browse the web, but it is a GTK app.
So to make it look better I installed the gtk-qt-engine-kde4 package and set
it so that gtk apps look like kde apps.
But the tabs don't render very well on my machine. They're hardly distinctive
and you see some overlay not rendering well. See attachment for an image of
it.
I use the latest xorg and compiled nvidia driver (180.44) using module
assistant (the debian way, http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=10812)

Is this a bug or missing program/library/setting/etc on my part?