Re: amarok 2.1 beta1

El Jueves 23 Abril 2009 00:04:52 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. escribió:
> The NEW queue serves an important purpose.  It it the last line of defense
> Debian/SPI has against accidentally violating copyright by distributing
> something incorrectly.  IIRC, packages only have to go through the queue
> once.

I don't put that into doubt at all, but when a step of a process stops the normal and desirable development of said process beyond what would be a reasonable period it remids me a lot of all those bureaucratic bottle necks when you have to deal for whatever reason with public administrations or high managers in some big compañy.
I understand some mantainers may get upset since they are working to make packages just to see how these, or their dependences, wait in NEW, till the next moon, when their waiting-in-NEW or waiting-for-dependence_X-to-come-out-from-NEW packages may have become obsolete :-|

Just an opinion from a common user, maybe wrong, hehe.