Kde 4.2.2 - Screensaver settings wont stay between reboots

I can set the screensaver and display power management with the "System
Settings" application and these parameters remain for the current session
but they need to re-set again after a re-boot.

Similarly when running Kontact,I have the same problem with kmail and knode
"Unread" and "Total" columns which I set by selecting the "view columns" by
right clicking in the title bar.

Is there a setting I have missed somewhere that will make these settings
stick between sessions?

Bob