Re: I can not run KDE - it simply hangs on booting when splash screen shows blinking HDD.

Thank You for answer, Fred:

> I had this kind of issue. I don't know the reason why, but the guilty
> packages were packages related to chipcard.

I've checked for the packages You have mentioned about and found none
of them.

Yet occasioanly, I've solved my problem and would share my knowledge
here - may it will be profitable in the future.

I had configured iptables in a way that almost all the inside my OS
connections were dropped. Now I have granted all of them and investigate
which one port KDE apps need for their work by narrowing the opened ports.

Thus it is.

Again, thank You, people, for all Your answers on my question!