Re: I can not run KDE - it simply hangs on booting when splash screen shows blinking HDD.

Hi,

I had this kind of issue. I don't know the reason why, but the guilty packages
were packages related to chipcard.
As I don't have any chipcard reader or whatever devices related to chipcards,
I simply removed all these packages and my issue was solved.

FYI, package name were:
chipcard-tools
libchipcard-common
libchipcard-ctapi0