Re: My experience upgrading to KDE4

According to bug #523187, apparently the splashy package was preventing
invoke-rc.d from being able to stop/start packages.  Once I purged
splashy, mysql-server-5.0, hal, and all the other recalcitrant packages
installed.

Now KDM balks at startup occasionally.  If I can get it to a shell
prompt I can use the `startx' command and once I exit KDE4, then KDM
will start.  Go figure.

At least I'm now at a place where I can work again.

Just from the first few minutes, the desktop response seems faster than
Kubuntu 9.04.

- Nate >>