Re: KDE 4.2 impressions

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> I love it in general. Especially dolphin with the konsole option. The
> 'working together' of the konsole (f4) and dolphin could be improved
> imho. When you go back to another folder in dolphin the konsole doesn't
> follow correctly for instance.

Works for me.

> I'm negative about the freedom KDE4 brings us... Be Free is not always
> Free imho. I can't choose another search engine in the new kmenu and
> that a big bug! Shouldn't a Debian be free to use the search engine he
> wants? And shouldn't it be possible in KDE to tweak this option?

Are you talking about kmenu's Search ?
I'm not sure if that's tied tightly to google or not. In konqueror, I can
change the search engine to something else, and if kmenu takes the settings
from there, it might be able to use the new Search Engine. But for that, I'd
have to log out from my Desktop Session. Not now.

I'm running KDE 4.2 from Debian Experimental and to me KDE 4.x is as free as
it ever was.

PS: I still wonder who designed the newsgroup subscription interface in
Evolution.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.