Re: Qtopia

On Sunday 10 August 2008, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 10 August 2008 15:35:46 Michael Schuerig wrote:

> > Can anyone give me a hint how to install the necessary dev tools
> > without damaging my existing Qt installation?
> >
> > Michael
>
> No, there is no Qtopia in Debian (at least yet, I may give it  a try,
> as it would be useful to the QDE project).
>
> You should (if I remember well enough) use the --prefix to install qt
> for embedded systems in another place, anyway I think the default is
> /usr/local, in which you are on the safe side.

As far as I've figured it out, it works like this

- Download a snapshot from ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qtopia/snapshots/.
I've got qtopia-opensource-src-4.3.2-snapshot-20080810.tar.gz.
- Unpack it somewhere.
- Create an empty installationa directory, in my
case /usr/local/opt/qtopia, and cd there.
- Run <prefix>/qtopia-opensource-src-4.3.2-snapshot-20080810/configure.
- Run make
- Run make install

At least it ought to work like that. I'm stumped because configure/qmake
insists to use the default gcc/g++, 4.3.1 in my case, which does not
compile some of the code. Some of the problems are minor, I finally
stumbled for good over a dynamic_cast. gcc/g++ 4.2 will presumably
work, however, I haven't found the switch, env variable or whatever
else it takes, to tell configure/qmake to use /usr/bin/g++-4.2.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de