Re: KDE for Etch

* Tomas Nykung <tomas2@multi.fi> [2007 Nov 08 03:34 -0600]:

> Download the iso whose name ends with "kde-CD-1.iso" (or xfce-CD-1.iso
> if you want xfce installed by default) and install from that.
> (For the newcomers: you just need the first CD, the rest is
> automatically installed over the net, so no need to download all the
> 21 iso files :)

That's good to know.

I had bought DVD ISOs from a 3rd party and don't recall a choice of DE.
Ordinarily I would have chosen Net install, but I was going to update
some machines whose only access is dialup.  Since they already had KDE
installed, the upgrades went off without a hitch.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"