k3b problems

Hello,

I have a problem with k3b. If I start k3b with a blank CD or DVD in the CD/DVD
drive, k3b hangs when started and I get the following kernel message:

Jun  2 16:40:20 tessa kernel: cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I
recognize!
Jun  2 16:40:29 tessa kernel: hdd: DMA timeout retry
Jun  2 16:40:34 tessa kernel: hdc: lost interrupt
Jun  2 16:40:39 tessa kernel: hdd: status timeout: status=0xd8 { Busy }
Jun  2 16:40:39 tessa kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown

However, if I start k3b with no CD/DVD in the drives or with data CD/DVDs in
the drives, everything works fine. I can insert a blank CD/DVD after k3b
started and I can then burn them without problems.

My system is Debian SID. I have the following version of k3b installed:

dpkg -l|grep k3b
ii  k3b                             1.0.1-1                             A
sophisticated KDE CD burning application
ii  k3b-i18n                        1.0.1-1
Internationalized (i18n) files for k3b
rc  k3blibs                         0.12.8-1+b1                         The
KDE cd burning application library - run
rc  libk3b2                         0.12.17-9                           The
KDE cd burning application library - run
ii  libk3b3                         1.0.1-1                             The
KDE cd burning application library - run

I guess this is not a k3b problem, but a hal/udev problem. I have the
following versions installed:

dpkg -l|grep udev
ii  udev                            0.105-4                             /dev/
and hotplug management daemon

dpkg -l|grep hal
ii  hal                             0.5.9-3
Hardware Abstraction Layer
ii  hal-info                        20070516-1
Hardware Abstraction Layer - fdi files
rc  libhal-storage0                 0.4.8-8
Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library
ii  libhal-storage1                 0.5.9-3
Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library
rc  libhal0                         0.4.8-8
Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library
ii  libhal1                         0.5.9-3
Hardware Abstraction Layer - shared library

Any suggestions what to do to not hang my computer when starting k3b with a
blanl CD/DVD in the drives?

Greetings,
Michael