Re: New mail arrival notification windows a la Thunderbird?

Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2007 schrieb David Martínez Moreno:
> El viernes, 1 de junio de 2007, Isaac Clerencia escribió:
> > One of the advantages of using KDE is that it's quite consistent. Every
> > application has an entry in the Settings menu to configure notifications.
> >
> > KMail is no exception and allows you to setup notification on new mail
> > using the Settings->Notification menu entry.
>
> 	Thank you, Isaac, but mmmm...the interface is too poor (stingy?) for me.  I
> meant something like Subject and Sender headers, as I said, a la Thunderbird
> or Outlook.  I guess that when you choose 'run a program' none of that
> information is passed to the called program, isn't it?

Hi,

maybe it is not settings->notification what you want.
I use filters to automatically move emails into folders (each of my customers
has one).
In some cases i have to check if these emails contain special subject
information. and if so, i let popup a blocking windows that forces me to
react (like critical conditions on machines that i care for).

to do so, i create a filter based on 'From' and 'Subject', add actions 'move
to folder' and 'execute'. 'execute' starts
/usr/bin/kdialog --msgbox "Important message from Maschine X! Check
immediately!"

hope it helps.

Tim