Re: switching users kills first user

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 12:12 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> For at least the last month, sometimes when I switch user (as in "switch
> user" from the KDE menu) to another user's session, the session for the
> first user is killed.

This appears to be an nvidia problem.  I filed a bug (445322) about it,
and one of the X maintainers noted that it looked like the same problem
as another bug (432101); the error seems to be coming from inside the
nvidia proprietary binary.  The other bug did experience problems doing
ctl-alt-Fn, so probably it is not KDE-specific.

Unfortunately, since the problem is inside the proprietary binary, we're
kind of stuck with it.

Thanks to David and Richard for their help.

Ross