Re: Kmail: Replying to encapsulated messages in a email list digest.

On Friday 09 March 2007 13:57:08 Curt Howland wrote:
> I have been taken to task for "breaking threads" in a mailing list,
> because I receive the digest. Nothing I have found to do has been
> able to reply to a particular encapsulated message, thus preserving
> the "in-reply-to" header entry.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not found any combination of selection and
> reply-to that does anything other than give me a subject of "Re:
> Debian user digest #whatever" and the text of the digested subject
> lines of the contained messages.
>
> Any pointer would be greatfully received.

To split up a digest email into its separate messages, pipe the message
through the following command:

	formail +1 -ds

Use the List-Id: header to select which emails to pipe through this filter.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.