Re: Konqueror cannot connect to local LAN IP address, firefox (and others) can

* Gerrit Jan Baarda <gjbaarda@xs4all.nl> [2006 Jul 27 13:19 -0500]:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem on my notebook running unstable. For some time, I
> cannot access my router web interfaces with konqueror, it complains cannot
> connect to 192.168.xx.xx when I enter an URL https://192.168.xx.xx in the
> location box.

Is it really https?  Maybe it needs http initially.  The two protocols
use different ports AIUI.  How about if you just type in the address
without http[s]:// preceding it?

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of