Re: gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

Hi all,

Looks like the "use anti-aliased fonts" in the Control Center worked for me. :-)

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 14:26:01 +1000, Vic Koci wrote:

Hi all.

This morning i did an upgrade, (not a dist-upgrade), etch 3.5.3 and now i find myself having the same problem. The missing fonts in Firefox is really annoying, having to run the mouse over or highlight the missing text to be able to read it.

There is a known bug in libcairo2 (both Etch and Sid):

It seems that the problem manifests itself only for non-anti-aliased
fonts. I have "use anti-aliased fonts" and "hinting style full" in my
KDE Control Center font settings, and I can use firefox without
problems. (libcairo2 version 1.2.0-3, firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.4-2, kde
3.5.3-1 on Sid)

Thanks for the tip Florian.

Cheers all & thanks,
Vic Koci.