Re: network configuration

Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 18:54 schrieb Freddie Cash:
> What is it with Linux devs that they have to change everything that
> works to something that barely works for the next three releases?  Why
> can't they just keep the things that work?  wpa_supplicant has been
> running perfectly on all my FreeBSD systems for almost a year now, and
> is now broken on all my Linux systems.

I like the new config style better. Additionally, you can still enable a
multi-home style by specifying wpa-conf and bring the network interface up.
Just read /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.modes

I have a fixed WLAN at home and the new config fits this case perfectly (and I
had an equal solution already scripted). And after all, the upstream
wpa_supplicant documentation is very bad.

The old script can be found at
/usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples/wpasupplicant.roaming-daemon

HS