Re: network configuration

On Friday 21 April 2006 18:54, Freddie Cash wrote:
> Oh good, so I'm not the only one who can't stand the
> "new-world-order".  Putting everything into the interfaces file breaks
> all the nice, automatic, "it-just-works" configs I had.  Took me
> almost three days to get things to a semi-functional,
> "works-with-1-network" state using the interfaces file.

Hi Freddie,

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like it, especially when
it comes to breaking working setups on upgrade. Could you please tell your
opinion to the Pkg-wpa-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org list as well. At the
moment I'm mostly alone in expressing my dissent.

If you're interested in the discussion that's currently going on there, here's
the archive:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-wpa-devel/2006-April/

Kind regards,

Felix