Re: Dead keys not working in KDE

On Monday 17 April 2006 19:10, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> Tuesday, 18 April 2006 01:04, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I'm trying to get dead keys to work in KDE (all the latest unstable
> > packages, incl. xserver-xorg), but don't have any success. When I
> > type <acute> followed by 'e', the first key stroke inserts nothing,
> > the second inserts a plain 'e'. '`', '^', '~' are inserted
> > immediately.
> >
> > That behavior is specific to KDE apps. In xterm, say, dead keys,
> > and compose as well, behave as expected. In the KDE control center
> > I've set country to "Germany"; language is set to "US English".
>
> What options have you set under Regional & Accessibility/Keyboard
> Layout in the KDE Control Centre?

None, i.e., "Enable keyboard layouts" is not checked. I had tried it
previously, but to no avail. Anyway, my understanding is that what this
setting does is execute setxkbmap with various, selectable options. My
understanding is that this wouldn't make a difference in my case as I
have all the necessary options set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and I have no
need to switch among keyboard layouts.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig