Re: Konqueror - Has the embedded media player ever played anything?

Am Montag, 10. April 2006 23:14 schrieb Felix Homann:
> On Monday 10 April 2006 22:48, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > it must not be a streaming
> > format like realmedia and not a mms://-URL.
> > If you have such an URL, I'll try it ;)
> >
> > Such one were often seen some years ago (those Netscape4 times) but I did
> > not see one lately.
>
> Sure, they are hard to find nowadays ;-)
>
> For video you can try this:
>
> http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/poseidon/trailer1/small.html
>
> It's probably a streamed quicktime movie that embedded kaboodle tries to
> open. It should either tell why it is not able to play it or not even try.
> That is, media that can't be opened by kaboodle should not be associated
> with it.

This does not even work with kaffeine here:
xine: cannot find demultiplexer for
>http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/poseidon/poseidon-tlr2_h320.mov<
input_http: content length = 4634999 bytes
xine: input plugin found: http plugin
xine: demultiplexer plugin found: Apple Quicktime (MOV) and MPEG-4 demux
plugin
input_http: content length = 137 bytes
xine: input plugin found: http Plugin

Any ideas?

And Kaboodle is not much for videos, anyway, I guess, but rather music. And it
is not associated with anything, here.
But maybe I misinterpret the integrated konqueror media player with kaboodle?
In earlier KDE version, kaboodle was used for this, it still is?

HS