KMail issues

I've a couple of issues with KMail recently I was hoping someone could help me
with here.  This is on Sid, KDE 3.5.1.

First, a while back I accidentally enabled the HTML formatting toolbar.  I hit
a wrong key or something.  Fine, I disable it from the Settings | Toolbars
menu.  Except that every time I open a new compose window now, it's back.  I
can't get it to go away and stay away.  I have't found a setting in the
Settings pages to make it leave and stay away.  Any ideas?

At pretty much the same time, as-you-type spellchecking stopped working.  I
now get a nice little message in the status bar at the bottom of the
window, "As-you-type spell checking disabled".  I don't want it disabled.  I
want it very much enabled.  Again, I haven't been able to find a setting to
change it.

Also same time (notice a pattern emerging?), the font used by the compose
window seemed to shrink.  I think it's using an HTML-intended font, but I'm
not certain.  It could just be my imagination. :-)  I don't know what the
correct default font should be, though, especially considering that I want my
computer incapable of sending HTML-fubared email at all.

All suggestions welcome.  Thanks. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012