Now KMail -despite showing identity (Default)- is sending the email with the
From: of the initial From: - address of the message copied to the
drafts-folder. This caused some irritation at the receivers of that email as
you can imagine. I signed the message and the content did not correspond to
the From: indicated.

Now if I edit the message and instead of sending it directly, I save it again
to the drafts-folder, the From: - address changed to my email-address. If I
take it up again with "T", everything is fine and it can be sent with my
email in From:

Question: I wanted to send a bug report to KDE. Should I do that? And if yes,
should I file it against KMail or Kontact?

Best,

Rigo